Monday, July 4, 2011

Georgia Teacher Doctoral 2011 at Walden University

2011 Georgia Teacher of the Year Began His Doctoral Studies at Walden University

Pamela Williams, the 2011 Georgia Teacher of the Year and a professor of economics at Applying County High School, is to demonstrate to his students that learning is a continuous process. Later this month, Ms. Williams will join more than 60 teachers in the state the rest of the year working on advanced degrees from Walden University, began his doctoral studies in Education (Ed.D.) program specializing in curriculum instruction and assessment in college, Richard W. Riley education and leadership.

20 years in the classroom veteran, who began his career teaching Spanish and music, Williams, currently teaches high school economics and government, where he challenged himself and students to improve their rate of passage economy. "I've always been 100% sure that teaching is my way. I am not tired of it for 20 years, and I have high hopes that my doctoral studies at Walden introduced me to a new, interesting ideas and concepts. I ready to roll up my sleeves and dig in.”

Williams considers his most important "to teach my children that they are somebody." "How about how to make sense, and I want my students to themselves as citizens have a value. I try to help discover who they are, to communicate what they believe and defend what they are," he said. "I like seeing that" aha moment! "When my students get it. Of the students with special needs to teach honors students is my greatest joy to see the control they need knowledge, then it will apply and set the world on fire with their success."

Williams is the latest winners of year’s professor Walden, representing 40 states, the District of Columbia, four U.S. territories and the Department of Defense Education Activity, and include five finalists nationwide. As a growing group, continue to share best practices and add value to the learning community of Walden vital.

"We are delighted to welcome Pamela to our growing community of teachers of the state of the year Walden signed to continue their education and career," says Dr Kate Steffens, dean of the College of Education Riley and leadership. "We are proud to have joined the thousands of students and alumni who make contributions Walden important and valuable every day, both inside and outside the classroom."

As a leader in online education degrees, Riley College of Education and Leadership is dedicated to increasing teacher effectiveness and student achievement, linking its students with training experts nationally recognized scientists and researchers. For more information, visit www.WaldenU.edu/education.

Source: http://gamutnews.com/20110614/23657/2011-georgia-teacher-of-the-year-begins-doctoral-studies-at-walden-university.html & Walden University Website

No comments:

Post a Comment